Urban Farming Job Creation
In forming the very first Urban Seed Grow Team, our mission was to identify growers with an undeniable passion for plants and an array of experience. Hundreds of applications were received from all over the world, from Las Vegas to Costa Rica to Japan! We focused on selecting top talent amongst Las Vegas local candidates and those with training from different areas of the country. We have created a powerful and dynamic grow team that have a diverse mix of college education, large-scale greenhouse experience, and extensive training in aeroponics to change the way the world is fed!
+ SECURITY GUARD
Urban Seed is seeking dependable, passionate, and hardworking individuals to fill the position as Security Guard for its Pahrump facility. This person will have the unique opportunity to be part of a company that grows fruits and vegetables in a controlled, technologically advanced system, with the goal of changing the way the world is fed. Urban Seed promotes a positive environment for both its plants and people to grow and flourish in through daily practice of our values: Energy, Accountability, Growth, Fun, and Balance. The ideal candidate is someone who’s comfortable with the responsibility of keeping the property safe and sound throughout the night, and someone who has excellent attention to detail, organization and reporting skills. This is a part-time position, 24-32 hours weekly. Compensation is $10/hour, with an overnight schedule of 9pm to 5am.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the property is secure and safe at all times.
- Maintain clear visibility to deter criminals.
- Respond quickly and appropriately during crisis and dangerous situations.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is working properly throughout each area of the property.
- Ensure the produce is growing appropriately
- Maintain proper documentation of daily reports, incidences, etc.
- Communicate additional security or maintenance needs appropriately.
- Consistent modeling of and participation in the Urban Seed “Culture”.
- Assist with any other general duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to work safety standards in day-to-day operations.
- Reports directly to Director of Development.
Other Conditions for Employment
include the ability to do the following:
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift.
- Be comfortable working in summer heat conditions. Must not be allergic to bees.
- May not use tobacco in any form. No e-cigarettes.
- Be focused and attentive to detail, with a flexible mentality.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Have a reliable form of transportation (car, train, bus, etc.).
- Have open availability for various work schedules.
- Provide necessary documentation for employment in the U.S.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
Education + Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Security guard training and certification a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, “start-up” environment is preferred.
How to Apply
Please consider the following before submitting your resume: We take hiring seriously at Urban Seed and hope you will too! The most successful candidates put ample time into updating their resumes and drafting a compelling cover letter. We are unable to respond to every candidate, but do our best to run a thorough process for qualified candidates. Think you’re the right fit for this position?! Email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you’d be the best new addition to the Urban Seed team!
+ FRESH SOLUTIONIST
Urban Seed is looking for the freshest talent in the industry! If you have a passion for changing the way the world is fed please send US your resume!